Selecting a Virginia Dental Association dentist is easy! With more than 3,500 member dentists across the state there’s sure to be a member dentist near you.
Virginia Dental Association (VDA) dentists make a special commitment to uphold the ethical code, practice standards and mission of the American Dental Association (ADA) and Virginia Dental Association (VDA):
- to continually improve the quality of dental education and treatment within the state of Virginia.
- to further VDA members' education with the continuing education courses and programs related to the latest in dentistry.
- to maintain ethics and high standards of care within the dental profession.
VDA Member Difference
- Members are required by membership and by law to observe universal safety precautions, the dental patient's greatest assurance of safety during dental procedures.
- The association keeps members up to date on the latest scientific developments and recommendations from the American Dental Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Virginia Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- The VDA offers over 200 hours of certified continuing education courses each year to be sure that every VDA member has the opportunity to fulfill their annual CE requirement.
- VDA Members agree to be judges of their peers if problems arise about dental treatment or insurance issues. Patients of VDA member dentists have the option of requesting their situation be reviewed through our mediation progress. If you are seeing a dentist who is not a member of the VDA you do not have this option for resolution.
How Can I Find Out if My Dentist is a Member…Or Find One Who Is?
Check out the VDA’s online searchable member directory in the Find-a-Dentist section of this site.
Or, if you already have a family dentist, be sure to ask him/her if he/she is a member the next time you visit the office. And look for the VDA membership sticker in your dentist's office and logos on their website.